One pan mushroom parmesan chicken is another great recipe that can be prepared in thirty minutes. It can be described as creamy, rich, tangy, and delightful. The wonderful thing about it is, most of the ingredients will already be in you pantry or fridge. All you have to do is put them together and dinner is made.
As with many of our recipes, there are a a number of things you can change according to your preferences. In example, the Parmesan can be either freshly grated or the cheese you buy in the container. As with all ingredients in cooking, the fresher, the better.
This recipe uses half and half cream because it is rich enough to be cream but healthy enough to be milk. If you’re on a diet, you can use milk, however. Alternatively, if you want to treat yourself once in a while, use some heavy cream.
As far as the chicken, I use boneless, skinless breasts as they are healthier, but you can use the cut of chicken of your choice. For example, thighs are nice. If you are going to use any kind of bone-in chicken, be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
The spices can be adjusted according to your liking. If you are a onion lover, add more; if you are not cut back. The same applies to the garlic and salt and pepper.
We use button mushrooms in the recipe because they are so easy to get and inexpensive, but you can use the mushroom of your choice. There are a number of delicious mushrooms available. Also use more mushrooms if you like.
Give our one pan mushroom Parmesan chicken a try and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
One Pan Mushroom Parmesan Chicken
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 6-8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of table cream or heavy cream or half & half
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Add the butter to a preheated pan. Put the chicken breasts in and season them with salt and pepper. Fry the chicken, over medium high heat, for about 4 or 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Put the garlic, onions, and mushrooms in, toss, and fry for 4 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock and cream in. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- After it has simmered and the liquid has cooked down, add in the Parmesan, stir, and allow it cook cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve over hot rice or as is.
- Enjoy your one pan mushroom Parmesan chicken.