Pesto pizza is a great alternative to traditional pizza. In my opinion, it is healthier because no meat is used. I usually make this up on a Friday night as a treat for everybody. This tasty pesto pizza is also a hit at parties.
You can use homemade pizza dough or buy it at the grocery store. I always make my own as it’s so much nicer. The same applies to the pesto. I use three basic toppings because they compliment each other so nicely. You could add onions or olives, if you wish. A little bit of feta cheese over the top is always nice, as well.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 twelve inch pizza shell
- 1/2 cup of basil pesto
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 6 -7 thin slices of tomatoes
- Servings: 2
- Time: 90 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American, Italian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees C or 480 degrees F.
- Spoon some pesto into the center of the pizza shell and spread it towards the outside edge. Continue until all, but the crust, is covered with pesto. Spread the mozzarella cheese over the top followed by the tomatoes. Place the pizza in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your pesto pizza.