Pork pineapple stew is a modification of chicken pineapple stew and similar taste with pork hamonado. This is one of our secret recipes which we have recently discovered. It is a must try, and excellent when served for dinner or lunch. As with any pork recipe, a good cut of meat will be your insurance to a good outcome.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 kilo pork thinly sliced
- 1 big can pineapple chunks
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 red bell pepper cut in strips
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 5
- Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Marinate pork meat in pineapple juice for at least 2 hours
- Melt butter in a pan. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Place in pork meat and saute until outer parts turn light brown.Season with fish sauce and mix until combined.
- Pour in the water and pineapple marinating juice. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for at least 35 – 45 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add pineapple chunks and red bell pepper. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir and simmer for few minutes until vegetables are tender.Turn off heat.