Pork tenderloin with mushrooms is an easy and elegant dish made with pork tenderloin, button mushrooms, and gravy. It is delicious, tangy, and tasty. To ensure a good outcome, we recommend using a nice cut of pork tenderloin. Ask your favorite butcher to help you with this. However, a pork sirloin will do, but the slices will be different. This dish should be sliced similar to meat loaf. This will make it eye appealing when served.
When cooking the meat, you can check if its fully cooked by using a meat thermometer. When the thermometer reaches 160 degrees F and juices runs clear, its done. Cooking it for about 25-30 minutes is perfect. Don’t forget to reserve a some rice, or even mashed potatoes, for this dish. If you are a gravy lover, this recipe is waiting for you to try. You will truly enjoy this recipe.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3-4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 3
- Times: 45 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- In a mixing bowl, combine cold water and all purpose flour. Mix until diluted and set aside.
- Crush one garlic clove onto the surface of the meat and sprinkle on 1/2 tbsp paprika. Massage them evenly. Repeat the process for the other side with the remaining garlic and paprika.
- Melt butter in a preheated pan. Place the meat in, and sear over medium high heat until all sides are brown – approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add the dried oregano, salt, pepper, lemon juice and mushrooms. Cover and simmer over medium low heat for at least 25-30 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- After 25-30 minutes, remove the meat from the pan. Pour the diluted flour in and stir continuously over medium low heat until the sauce thickens. Turn off the heat.
- Slice the pork into serving pieces. Serve it over hot rice or mashed potatoes. Pour the sauce over.
- Serve and enjoy!