Made with ingredients such as ground beef, carrots, peas, corn, potatoes, and spices, Shepherd’s pie is a quick and relatively cheap recipe. The origins of Shepherd’s pie trace back to England. It was traditionally made with meat such as mutton and lamb, a mixed array of vegetables, and complemented with a topping of potatoes. Today, it has now become popular in several locations around the world and can be made in many different ways. Nowadays, the most popular meat used as ground beef.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas or green peas
- 1/2 cup corn kernel, drained
- 1/4 cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock or water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- mashed potatoes
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 50 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Add ground beef in a preheated pan. Fry over medium high heat until oil come out and light brown. Drain excess oil.
- In the same pan, add the onion and garlic. Saute together with ground beef until soft and fragrant.
- Add in carrots, corn, and peas. Season with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add the ketchup and pour in the beef stock. Stir and simmer over low heat for at least 15-20 minutes. Turn off het and transfer into a baking dish.
- In a baking dish, spread evenly the mashed potatoes over the ground beef using a spatula. Rough the top of mashed potatoes using a fork.
- Place uncover in a preheated oven at 375 degrees and bake for at least 25-30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Allow to cool and serve.