Chinese pineapple chicken is one of my all time favorite take outs. I used to go to Chinese restaurants to get it until I decided to make it at home, and it was so much better than the take out. In my humble opinion, it is a must try. Your family and friends will love it.
I use boneless, skinless chicken breast as they are my favorite, but you can use the cut of chicken of your choice. I use a wok for frying but a frying pan will suffice. The temperature of the oil should be about 350 degrees F or 177 C. This recipe uses canned pineapple but fresh can be used as well. The veggies can be varied to some extent.
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1 can of pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 2 tbsp of corn starch 2 tbsp of water
- green onions for garnish
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- Add the chicken to a bowl followed by the egg. Season with salt, pepper, and mix until well coated.
- Add in the flour and mix until coated.
- Fry in batches and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, fry up the bell peppers until tender crisp.
- Put in the pineapple chunks, juice, and brown sugar. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add in the corn starch mixture and stir until it thickens.
- Place the chicken back in and toss until well coated with the sauce.
- Plate and garnish with green onions.
- Enjoy your pineapple chicken.