Slow cooker beef lettuce wraps are so simple and delicious. I enjoy them during the week because I can prepare them the night before, get up the next morning, put the crock pot on, and go to work. When I come home, the house is filled with an incredible aroma and my wonderful dinner is ready.
A chuck post roast is perfect for this recipe; although, you can use just about any cut of beef you want. The amount of celery and spring onions is not written in stone. If you want to add more celery and onions, that is fine. I prefer a long slow cook, but if you’re in a hurry, you can increase the temperature to high and allow it to cook for 4 or 5 hours. Romaine lettuce is used for this recipe, but you can use just about any type of lettuce. Slow cooker beef lettuce wraps are perfect served up with steamed rice.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 1/2 lb beef chuck pot roast
- 1 cup of celery chopped
- 3/4 cups of spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce
- 2 thumb size chopped ginger, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tbsp of water
- romaine lettuce leaves
- Servings: 4
- Level: Easy
- Time: 8 hours
- Cuisine: Asian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch our cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Trim any excess fat away from the roast.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, and ginger. Mix until it’s well combined.
- Add half the celery and half the onions to the bottom of the crock pot liner to form a bed. Place the roast on top. Pour the sauce and the remaining celery and spring onions over the roast. Place the lid on and allow it to cook over low heat for 8 hours. Alternatively, you can cook it on high for 4 or 5 hours.
- Remove the roast from the crock pot and keep the sauce. Turn the crock pot up to high. Mix the corn starch and water until they are well combined. Add it to the sauce and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Using two forks shred the beef by pulling it in opposite directions. Place the beef in the center of a piece of Romaine lettuce, fold the edges into the center, and secure them with a couple of tooth picks. Drizzle some sauce over the top, serve, and enjoy your slow cooker beef lettuce wraps.