Smothered chicken is so easy to make and so delicious. I love it as it’s an easy midweek meal. Cover it with a bed of fried rice and your family and friends will ask for more. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 4 thighs and 2 breast of chicken or the cut of your choice
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Combine the flour and spices in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place the chicken in and dredge until combined. Set them aside on a plate.
- Add some oil to a pan over medium high heat. Place the chicken in and fry it until it is golden brown. This will take about 5 minutes or so.
- In the same pan, add a bit more oil in.
- Put the chopped onion in and the garlic and saute them until fragrant.
- Add the extra flour, stir and fry until brown.
- Pour the chicken stock in and bring to a boil.
- Put the chicken back in and allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over fried rice and enjoy your smothered chicken.