Spare Ribs Adobo is pork ribs cooked with a delicious blend of sweet and spicy ingredients. Cooked similar to traditional Adobo, it is an excellent appetizer or beer match often served at parties and social gatherings. It is sometimes served on a sizzling plate and paired with garlic fried rice.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 kilo pork ribs or back ribs
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 2 chili peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp whole pepper corn
- 3-4 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- water for boiling
- cooking oil
- Servings: 2-3
- Time: 1 hour
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Place pork ribs in a pot and pour in enough water to cover the meat. Season with salt and pepper corn. Simmer at least 30 minutes over low heat or until pork is tender; drain and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Pan fry pork ribs until brown; remove excess oil.
- Add onion and garlic n the same pan. Saute for 1 minute or until soft and fragrant.
- Season with soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, sugar, and pour in small amount of water. Bring to a boil. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until the liquid is half reduced.
- When sauce is a little bit dry, add cooking oil and chopped chili pepper. Stir and turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed rice or beer. Enjoy!