Stove top vanilla cake is simple and easy. The great thing is, the entire cake can be made without the use of an oven which makes it a great recipe all over the globe. This is especially true in many parts of Asia where ovens are just not popular or practical for many reasons.
As always, you can alter this recipe in several ways. First, you can add a bit more vanilla extract to strengthen the flavor. You might also consider replacing the extract with some cocoa powder to make it a chocolate cake. Some strawberries or blueberries could be substituted too. The list is endless.
The recipe could certainly be doubled or tripled to make a larger cake. This would take a bit longer but would certainly be worth the effort.
You might consider icing the cake depending on where it’s being served. A nice butter icing always goes over well and is extremely yummy. This would be a hit with a younger audience.
Give our stove top vanilla cake a try and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of baking power
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Coat a nonstick pan with butter or baking spray. Line the bottom with some parchment paper and pour the batter in. Using a spatula, smooth it out.
- Put a lid on the pan and allow it cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy your stove top vanilla cake.