Strawberry balsamic reduced chicken is gorgeous and tasty. It is one of the most unique dishes I have ever made. It is made with with a combination of boneless, skinless chicken breasts marinated in balsamic vinegar and spiced with salt and pepper. I always use boneless skinless as they are perfect for the dish, healthy, and easy to work with.
As the chicken marinates and bakes in half the vinegar, the other half is used to make a balsamic reduction. While the chicken is cooking, we make our special caprese topping which is simply yet elegant. This is placed over the chicken when it is cooked and plated. Then the balsamic reduction or poured over. The outcome is our of this world.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- 2 – 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz of mozzarella, cubed
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 400 F 200 C.
- Place the chicken breasts into a zip lock bag and pour half the vinegar over them.
- Seal the bag and place in the fridge for 5 minutes or so – can be left up to 5 hours.
- After about 10 minutes, place the chicken into a baking dish, pour the vinegar from the bag over the top, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the breasts in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until they are cooked through and no longer pink.
- Pour the remaining vinegar into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes until it reduces in half. Set it aside.
- Meanwhile, make the caprese topping by placing the strawberries, mozzarella, and basil into a bowl. Stir gently until well combined.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and plate it. Place the caprese topping over the top followed be a drizzle of the reduced balsamic vinegar.
- Enjoy your strawberry balsamic reduced chicken.