Sweet chili chicken is so easy to make and is one of the most delicious types of fried chicken I’ve ever had. I usually make it up for parties as it makes a super delicious finger food. It’s a great addition for the Holidays, as well.
There are a few tips to this recipe. First, 7 1/2 minutes on each side produces a wonderful golden brown chicken, so make sure you set your timer. The temperature is also important. Heat your oil over medium high heat at first and then reduce it. If you don’t, the oil will become too hot and yield inconsistent results. The oil should be maintained at 350 degrees F. If you don’t have a thermometer, drop a bit of batter in. If it bubbles and sizzles, the oil is ready. Although I prefer legs, you can use any chicken parts you want. The spices for the flour can also be altered. You can add more or less depending on your taste. Additional spices could also be added. The sweet chili sauce is really the star of the show. You can buy this from the grocery store or make it from scratch. I have provided a link to our homemade sweet chili sauce which is simply superb.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 8 Chicken Legs
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 cup of sweet chili sauce
- Yield: 8
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Add the flour and egg to 2 separate bowls and beat the egg. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika to the flour. Using a fork, mix the flour mixture until it’s well combined. Dredge the chicken in the egg and flour mixture so it’s well coated.
- Add about 2 inches of oil to a pan and heat it to 350 degrees F over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium low. Place the chicken in, in batches, and fry it for about 7 1/2 minutes on each side. Set it aside on a plate and allow it to cool slightly – to the point where you can handle it.
- Dip the chicken in the sweet chili sauce. Serve and enjoy your sweet chili chicken.