Sweet chili sauce is simple and tasty. The great thing is that it can be used for so many applications. I enjoy it with fried chicken. It could also be used with just about any protein, however. It also stores nicely in the fridge for a few days. Give it a try and let us know what what you think.
You can vary the ingredients in this recipe according to your taste. For example, you can add extra garlic, chili flakes, etc. If you want it thicker, you can add a little more corn starch.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 tbsp of corn starch dissolved in 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp of salt
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp crushed peppers
- Servings: 4
- Time: 20 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Thai
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Add the water and corn starch to a small bowl and mix until they are well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a saucepan. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat, and don’t stir it. Add in the corn starch and whisk, for a minute or two, until it slightly thickens.
- Use your sweet chili sauce for the application of your choice.