Taco salad is fast, easy, and delicious. It makes a great snack, dinner, or lunch that the entire family will love. In this recipe, we use 2 types of cheeses – Monterrey and cheddar. You, of course, can use any cheese of your choice. We prefer the old cheddar because it has a nice bite. The Monterrey Jack adds a mild smooth texture. Parmesan, or even mozzarella, will produce good results, as well. Another suggestion is to avoid using any type of spiced tortilla as it will alter the taste of the seasoning. You can buy the taco seasoning in a pouch at your local supermarket. We use our own homemade taco seasoning. We prefer this as you can add or delete spices according to your taste. As always, you can adjust things according to your taste. Give this taco salad a try today. We are sure you will enjoy it.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 pound (1/2 kilo) of ground beef
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 4 oz of tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of water
- chopped onions
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Servings: 2-3
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
How to make homemade taco seasoning:
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Place the ground beef into a preheated pan. Fry over medium – high heat until the meat turns light brown.
Reduce the heat to medium and add in the taco seasoning. Stir and fry until well incorporated.
- Add the tomato sauce and the water. Stir until everything is nicely combined. Reduce the heat to low, cover and allow the mixture to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the oven. Scoop a wedge out and place it onto a plate. Top it with lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and sour cream.