In my attempt to come up with a Holiday recipe in the form of a snack a pineapple cheese ball came to mind. So, I went out, bought the supplies, made it, and the outcome was simply superb. Made with a combination of Philadelphia cream cheese, pineapple, red bell peppers, onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt, the outcome is simply to die for. Roll this in some crushed pecans or walnuts, place some crackers around the side and your friends and family will simply love it. As a matter of fact, it got to the point where I make this up every Christmas or special occasion.
As always, you can alter the ingredients according to your liking. For example, a few drops of Tabasco sauce, just for some heat, would not be out of place. In my opinion, pepper does not seem to fit the bill but it’s entirely up to you. I like the fresh pecans, but you can use walnuts or even peanuts for that matter.
There are, however, a few simple suggestions to make the recipe easier to execute. In example, ensure that the cream cheese is it room temperature. That way, the dish is much easier to put together. Also make sure that the pineapple is well drained. I always use crushed pineapple in the can, but you could use pineapple tidbits or even whole pineapple rings and cut them up. It’s simply a matter of personal preference.
Give our pineapple cheese ball at try and, as always, let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch the Video:[/btn]
- 2 eight oz packages or 710 grams of cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 oz or 210 grams of crushed drained pineapple
- 1/4 cup of red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup of green onions, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of powdered garlic
- 1 cup of crushed pecans or walnuts
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Using a spoon, mix until well incorporated.
- Line a bowl with cling wrap, scoop up the mixture, and place it inside the wrap. Pull all ends together and form it into a ball.
- Place in the fridge for an hour or two to set. Overnight is even better.
- Place the pecans or walnuts in a bowl, transfer the cheese mixture to you hands, and roll it in the walnuts.
- Transfer the cheese ball onto a place, place some crackers around the edge of the ball, serve, and enjoy your pineapple cream cheese ball.