The Best Sweet and Sour Ribs
Recipe Type: Main
Our sweet and sour ribs are a delicious combination of bell pepper, pineapple, and other spices. I often make them up on weekends and at parties as they go over so well. The ribs are also great for a game night. They are combined with an incredible sauce. As they are tender, juicy, and simply to die for, your family and friends will love them. As always, give our sweet and sour ribs a try and let us know what you think.
- 1 kg of pork ribs cut up
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp of corn starch
- salt and pepper according to taste
- 1 small onion, sliced and cut
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- 1 small green bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 can of drained pineapple chunks – 1/2 cup
- To Make the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 tbsp of ketchup
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- Add the ribs, egg, corn starch, salt, and pepper to a mixing bow. Using your hands, mix until the ribs are completely coated.
- To make the sauce, add the ingredients to a large measuring cup and mix until well combined.
- Add some oil to a wok or frying pan over medium high heat.
- After the oil raises to about 350 degrees F or 180 C, add the ribs and fry them in batches until cooked though, browned, and crispy. This will take about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Drain the grease off and set them aside on a wire rack. I usually use a straining spider to do this.
- Drain most of the grease from the pan and add in the onion, garlic, ginger, bell pepper, and pineapple chunks. Toss and fry, over medium hight heat, until the garlic is fragrant and the bell peppers begin to soften.
- Add the sauce in and bring to a boil.
- After a boil, place the ribs back in and toss until the ribs are completely coated.
- Serve and enjoy your sweet and sour ribs.