I was looking for a simple dessert after a long day and did not feel like doing a lot of baking if any at all. Then, I thought of the idea of combining white chocolate chips, a nice fluffy frosting, and some fresh strawberries. All of these I had lurking in the cupboard anyway. The outcome was out of this world – sweet but so good. It’s not a dish you want to eat a lot of and something to have only once in a blue moon so to speak, but how can you go wrong with three simple ingredients and about forty minutes of your time.
It is a dish the entire family will love (especially the kids who usually have a sweet tooth). These sweet strawberry bars are great served up with coffee, tea, or a glass of milk and compliment any main dish.
As always, you can change a few things in the recipe. For example, the strawberries could be substituted with blueberries, or any other fruit for that matter. The whipped frosting is ready made and comes in many different flavours. White chocolate does not have to be used, although I really like it. You can use brown chocolate as well. If you want to take the sweet edge off, use unsweetened chocolate.
- 226 grams of white chocolate chips
- 336 grams of fluffy white frosting
- 12 large strawberries, sliced
- Add the strawberries into a medium size bowl. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl and heat them in 30 second intervals stopping to stir.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl and heat them in 30 second intervals stopping to stir.
- Place the melted chocolate chips and frosting over the berries.
- Using a spatula, mix until well incorporated.
- Spread out smoothly and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes or longer to set.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch the Video:[/btn]