A tomato pesto chicken sandwich is a creamy delight. It’s made with a combination of a fried chicken breast, tomato pesto, herb and garlic cream cheese, and bread or toast. The combinations of these flavours are simply out of this world. You can make this tasty sandwich in about 15 minutes. That’s why it makes the perfect lunch or snack. Believe me, everybody will love it. Give our tomato pesto chicken sandwich a try and let us know what you think.
Let’s talk about a few pointers and variations to making this delicious sandwich. First, you can use any brand of pesto you like. The same applies to the herb and garlic cream cheese. If you don’t have herb and garlic on hand, any kind of cream cheese will suffice. By all means, use your favorite. We suggest two tablespoons of each, but you can use as much or as little as you wish. Extra spices such as garlic could be added too. Any kind of bread works for this recipe, as well. I use brown bread as it tends to be a little healthier.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp of sun dried tomato pesto
- 2 tbsp of herb and garlic cream cheese
- 4 slices of bread
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Place the chicken breast in, season it with salt and pepper, and fry it on each side for about 4 minutes until it’s golden brown and the juices run clean.
- Remove the chicken for the pan and cut it into small strips. Put the strips in a mixing bowl and add in the pesto and cream cheese.
- Mix it until the chicken is completely covered.
- Place the strips on a piece of bread or toast and cover it with another layer of bread or toast.
- Cut and enjoy your tomato pesto chicken sandwich.