Tomato pesto chicken is creamy and delicious. The acidity of the tomatoes combined with the creaminess of the cheese makes the dish absolutely delightful. I make this up on weekends and my dinner guests love it. As always, give it a try and let us know if you think.
There are a few tips to making these tasty little chicken breasts. First, I like to use sun-dried tomato pesto simply because it gives the recipe a nice, rich flavor, but you can use any type of pesto, such as basil. The same applies to the cheese. We is Tex-Mex because it’s a really nice combination, but feel free to use the cheeses of your choice. In my oven 20 to 25 minutes , plus the additional 10 for melting the cheese produces some beautiful, juicy chicken breasts. Ovens do differ, however. In light of this, it’s always best to check the chicken breasts with a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken, in the meatiest part, should be about 170 degrees F.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Three medium-sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 cup of Tex-Mex cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a baking dish and brush it around the bottom and sides.
- Place the chicken breasts in and salt and pepper them.
- Spread the sun-dried tomato pesto evenly over the breasts.
- Distribute the tomatoes over the top of each breast.
- Place them in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 min.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and spread the Tex-Mex cheese over the top.
- Place them back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy your tomato pesto chicken.