Flour tortillas are fast and easy. They are a great alternative to traditional pizza. They are hassle free as you don’t have the rigorous task of making pizza dough. I love theses as a snack on weekends.
You can buy the flour tortillas at your local supermarket. If you’re adventurous, you can make them from scratch. This recipe is fairly straightforward as it uses only mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, ham, and fresh basil. You can, however, add as many ingredients as you like to your tortilla pizza. For example, you could add onions, beef, chicken, pepperoni, anchovies, etc. We use homemade pizza sauce, but plain and simple store-bought pizza sauce will suffice.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 2 – 3 Tbsp of pizza sauce
- 2 (9 inch) flour tortillas (or whole wheat tortillas)
- 8 leaves of fresh basil
- 8 thin slices of ham or peperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Servings: 2
- Time: 20 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the tortillas on. Spoon a Tbsp and a half of sauce onto the center and swirl it outward until it comes about 1/2 an inch from the edge. Put the cheese over the top followed by the ham and basil.
- Place it in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the tortilla pizzas, place them on a plate, slice, and serve. Enjoy your tortilla pizzas.