Tuna rolls are fun and easy to make. The great thing is you can make them up in about 10 minutes. They a great finger food for lunch boxes or parties. I always make them up for social events. Believe me, they are an instant hit. Give these tasty treats a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making these delightful tuna rolls. First, I use tuna in vegetable oil, but you can use any kind tuna you like. For example, tuna in water works well too. I only add bell peppers, spring onions, and mayo to the tuna, but feel free to add whatever you wish. It’s best to use a good quality mayo as this will enhance the flavor a great deal. We trim the crusts off because they roll much easier. We also use white bread as it far more flexible and elastic than other breads; brown bread tends to crumble. It’s important to leave the tuna rolls in the fridge for at least an hour. If you do this, they won’t collapse on you when you slice them.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 tbsp of red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp of spring onions
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 180 gram cans of tuna
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 5 slices of bread, pressed down flat
- Put the tuna into a mixing bowl. Add in the red bell peppers, spring onions, and mayo. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Remove the crust from the bread using a sharp knife. Using you fingers, flatten the bread out so it’s about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Spread the tuna mixture over the entire surface of the bread. Grate your favorite over the top. Starting at one end of the bread, roll it into a log shape.
- Cover the tuna rolls with cling wrap and place them in the fridge for about an hour or until you are ready to serve.
- After chilling, cut each roll into about 4 pieces.
- Serve and enjoy your tuna rolls.