Veggie and egg fried rice is a delicious combination of vegetables and rice. You can serve this up with your favorite protein or as a solo dish. After all, it is a vegan recipe. I commonly serve it up with a roasted or fried chicken. As I always say, your family and dinner guest will love it.
There are a few tips. First, you can use the veggies of your choice. I like bell peppers, peas, carrots, and the rest simply because they are a staple. Any vegetable can be used, however. The spices used are salt, pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. Some ginger can be used as well, if you are so inclined. We use whole grain rice, but any rice can be used.
Lastly, I always make the rice the night before and leave it in the fridge as it fries up so much better.
Give our veggie and egg fried rice a try and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- Add some oil to a pan and put in the bell peppers, peas. carrots, celery, green onions, and garlic. Season with salt, pepper, stir and fry until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Push the veggies to one side, put a bit more oil in, add the eggs, cook until scrambled, and fold into the veggie mixture.
- Place the rice in and toss until well combined and the rice is heated through.
- Pour in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and continue to toss.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy your veggie and egg fried rice.