Carrot Cake Muffins
Carrot cake muffins are moist, fluffy, and delicious. I sometimes make them up in place of carrot cake, as they are smaller and more manageable. When eating these, you seem to get perfect portion of carrot cake which is perfect for diet conscious people.
There are a few alterations and tips to making this divine dessert. To begin with, the recipe gives you 6 good size muffins. If you want a dozen, simply double the recipe.
This recipe uses some very basic ingredients, as some people do not have a lot of spices on hand. You can add additional ingredients of you like. I think, some nutmeg or allspice would be a welcomed addition in the muffins.
I only use one teaspoon of cinnamon as some of my guests are not are not big on the spice. If you are a cinnamon lover, however, add more. A couple of teaspoons might be nice.
The recipe also calls for 2/3 of a cup of brown sugar. If you find it too sweet, or are on a diet, cut back a little. If you want the muffins sweeter add more.
I usually fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full with the mixture. You can, however, fill them right up, as they are muffins and, unlike cupcakes, do not have to be pretty.
The muffins bake perfectly in my oven at 350 degrees F or 177 C in about 20 minutes. Oven do vary, however, so keep an eye on them.
Watch the video and give our carrot cake muffins a try. As always, drop us a comment and let us know what you think.
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- ½ cups of crushed pecans or any nuts
- 1 cup or 130 grams of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of a pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup or 140 grams of brown sugar
- ⅔ cup of 200 grams of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 8-10 drops of vanilla extract
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a mixing bowl. Using a whisk, mix until well combined. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat until well incorporated.
- Add half the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat until smooth. Add in the second half and beat once again until a smooth, silky mixture forms.
- Put the carrots and pecans in. Fold in using a spatula.
- Line a muffin tray with some muffin cups. Fill them about ¾ fill with the mixture
- Bake the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Sever and enjoy your carrot cake muffins.
Share This Recipe