Fish Fillet and Wild Rice
Fish fillet with wild rice is an elegant and delicious recipe. Made with fresh fillets and rice, this dish is an excellent source of proteins and carbohydrates. When combined with the mushroom walnut sauce, the recipe is out of this world. Serve this with your favorite vegetable or garden salad. As always, a nice red wine is a welcomed addition.
- 1 kg fresh fish fillets
- 1/4 cup cup minced celery
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 slices slices chopped bacon
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups mushroom-walnut sauce
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 cup minced onions
(3.5 / 5)
- Cut fillets into serving-size portions and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until lightly browned. Add mushrooms, onion, and celery, and cook until tender. Stir in cooked rice and salt.
- Place fish in a well-greased baking pan. Spoon rice mixture on top of fish portions. Drizzle melted butter over rice.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with a Mushroom – Walnut sauce, prepared as follows:
- In a saucepan, melt 3 Tbsp. butter. Add 1 Tbsp. minced onion and 1 cup sliced mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Stir in 3 TBS. flour, 1/2 tsp. dry mustard, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. thyme.
- Gradually stir in 2 cups half-and-half cream. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1/4 cup toasted walnuts.
- Serve sauce over fish and wild rice. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe