Ginataang Alimasag (Crabs in coconut milk)
Ginataang Alimasag (alimango) is a crab recipe cooked with coconut milk. The crab is often cut in half but can be cooked whole if desired. Squash or pumpkin can be used, but in this recipe we are using string beans only. This Filipino Recipe is excellent served with rice. To enjoy eating this dish more, don’t hesitate to use your hands. We love eating in “kamay” especially with this delicious lunch.
- 3 pcs medium size crabs cleaned and cut in halves
- 1 bundle string beans (sitaw) cut into 3 inches long
- 1 thumb size ginger chopped
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 can coconut milk
- fish sauce to taste
- Pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(5 / 5)
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Saute onion, garlic and ginger until soft and fragrant.
- Pour coconut milk and add the jalapeno pepper. Bring to a boil.
- After a boil, place the crab in. Season with fish sauce and pepper.
- Let the crab soak well. Cover and simmer over low heat until crab changes color to bright red approximately 12-15 minutes.
- When crab is ready, add the string beans. Simmer for few minutes until string beans are tender. Turn off heat.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Share This Recipe