Hot dogs Benedict
Hot dogs benedict is simple and delicious. It’s a simple combination of hot dogs, poached eggs, and Hollandaise sauce. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few variations to this recipe. You can use whatever dog you like. I use frankfurters, but you can use the wiener or dog of your choice. The poached egg is boiled for about 2 minutes which makes it perfect and runny. The sauce can be a little tricky, but with patience you’ll get the hang of it. We garnish it with spring onions, but you can use the garnish of your choice. A layer of cheese could also be added to the hot dogs benedict.Video:
- 2 hot dogs (wieners)
- cooking oil or olive oil
- hot dog buns
- spring onions for garnish
- For Hollandaise Sauce:
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp water
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) butter
- pinch cayenne powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- pinch garlic powder (optional)
- For Poached Eggs:
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- simmering water
- To Make the Holandaise sauce:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. You can also do this in a microwave. Once melted, remove the residue on top by scraping it with a small strainer or spoon. Allow it to cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites using your preferred method. Set the yolks in a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and water. Whisk them until well beaten.
- Prepare a pot with at least 2-3 inches of water and bring it to a soft boil. Put the egg mixture over it and whisk continuously for about 6 minutes until it slightly thickens. Turn off the heat and remove the bowl from the saucepan..Pour the melted butter into the eggs a little at a time while whisking continuously until it thickens. Season it with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk it again until it’s well incorporated. Set it aside.
- Fry hotdog until fully cooked. Set it aside in a hotdog bun.
- Meanwhile poach the eggs by adding water to a pan and bring it to a boil. Then, add in the vinegar. Crack the egg into a bowl and gently slip them into the pan one at a time. You can crack the egg directly to the pan if you wish. Allow the eggs to simmer for at least 2 – 2½ minutes depending on your preferred doneness. Put poached eggs over hotdogs.
- Drizzle hollandaise sauce over and garnish with spring onions. Serve and enjoy!
Share This Recipe