Sardines with Pechay (Bokchoy)
Sardines with Pechay is easy and simple to make. It is made by sauteing sardines with Bokchoy leaves. It is famous in many provinces throughout the Philippines. The ingredients are affordable and easy to find. It is a time saver when in a hurry to make lunch or dinner. This dish is great served up with rice.
- 2 cans sardines in tomato sauce
- 1 bundle pechay or bokchoy
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 cup water
- fish sauce to taste
- pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Servings: 3
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Essy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(3 / 5)
- Wash and separate pechay stalks from its leaves. Cut into strips.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan.. Saute onion, garlic, and tomato until fragrant.
- Add in sardines. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Stir for a few minutes.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil.
- After a boil, place in pechay. Cover and simmer over low heat until pechay is tender. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe