Easy Italian Sausage Spaghetti Recipe
Recipe Type: Main
This Italian sausage spaghetti recipe is ridiculously easy. Made with t simple combination of Italian sausage, canned spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, and some herbs and spices, the outcome is simply out of this world. I always make it up as a midweek meal as it only takes about thirty minutes to make.
- 400 grams or 1/2 pound of Italian sausage
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/4 of a large chopped onion
- 1 650 ml jar of Italian spaghetti sauce
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of hot pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 350 grams of spaghetti
- cheese for grating
- a few more hot pepper flakes and dried basil for garnish
- Add some oil to a preheated pan over medium high heat.
- Put the sausage in, stir fry for about 4 minutes or so until cooked through and brown.
- Place the onion and garlic in. Saute until fragrant and the onions begin to become translucent.
- Pour the spaghetti and tomato sauce in followed by the Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, place a lid on, and allow it to simmer for 10 to 12 minutes while the pasta cooks.
- Place the spaghetti in salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Plate and ladle some sauce over the top.
- Garnish with basil, pepper flakes, and cheese.
- Serve and enjoy your easy Italian spaghetti.
I use the medium Italian sausage as I add chilli flakes to the recipe, but if you are adventurous and like heat, hot ahead and use the hot or a few more chilli flakes. As a matter of fact, you don’t even have to use Italian sausages. Go ahead and use the sausage of your choice. Also, if you don’t like heat in your sauce, simple cut back or use the mild.[br][br]Give our easy Italian sausage spaghetti a try and, as always, let us know what you think.