Easy potato wedges are an all time favorite food for many families. They are similar to french fries, but wedges are a different cut of potatoes, and they are often left unpeeled. They can be a snack, appetizer, or a side dish for burgers and pizza. In the Philippines, we usually order potato wedges in a bar along with a cold beer. The size and exact cut of the potato wedges is optional. The thicker they are cut, the more cooking time they will need. They can also be deep fried or baked. The healthiest way is baking them, however. If you want a healthy deep fried version, you may want to consider using olive oil, as opposed to vegetable oil. In this recipe, we use a mayonnaise dipping sauce. If you don’t like it, you can use your favorite condiments such as ketchup and mustard as a dipping sauce. Potato wedges are an extremely easy recipe and a must try at home.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 3 medium size potatoes, slice in wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
For dipping sauce combine the following:
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 50 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and dry them with a paper towel. Cut into wedges and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss using hands until well combined.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil. Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for at least 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from oven and serve with mayonnaise dipping sauce. Enjoy!