Our sloppy joe grilled cheese is the ultimate treat. It might be a little on the unhealthy side, but it’s incredibly delicious. Made with a combination of ground beef, our homemade sloppy joe sauce, and cheddar cheese, the taste is simply out of this world.This sloppy joe with cheese and bacon is the ultimate sandwich everybody love.
As always, there are a few tips to making this wonderful sloppy joe sandwich. First off, the ketchup is an essential component to the sloppy joe mixture. I like French’s, but you can use the ketchup of your choice. Secondly is the cheese. We use sliced marble cheddar. This is not the processed cheese but rather the real cheese slices. As the recipe is a grilled cheese sandwich, it is of upmost important that a good cheese is used. Shredded cheese also does a great job. In essence, use the cheese of your choice.
I use a lean ground beef which is never really lean. There is always a great deal of fat that fried off the beef. In light of this, I drain about 70 percent of the fat off before adding any other ingredients.
Give our ultimate sloppy joe a try and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch Our Video:[/btn]
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of bread
- 6 slices of cheese
- 2 – 3 tbsp of unsalted butter
- Add the ground beef to a pan over medium high heat. Fry until the beef is browned and drain off about 70 percent of the excess fat.
- Put the bell pepper, onion, and garlic in. Saute until fragrant and the onions begin to become translucent.
- Add in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Lay 3 pieces of bread out and place a slice of cheese on each.
- Spoon a generous amount of the sloppy joe mixture over the top.
- Place another slice of cheese over the mixture and put the last piece of bread on each sandwich.
- Add about a tbsp of butter to a pan over medium heat and place the sandwiches in. You can do them in batches as well.
- Press each sandwich. down a little and allow to cook for about 3 minutes until the bread is brown the the cheese begins to melt.
- Flip the sandwich, add in more butter, and repeat the process.
- Plate and serve with your favourite sauce.
- Enjoy your ultimate sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwich.