Delicious Raspberry Cookies
Recipe Type: Dessert
Raspberry cookies are simple and easy to make. They make a great snack or dessert. I love them served up with a cup of tea, coffee, or even a glass of milk. Believe me, even the kids will love them. Just don’t tell them that they have fresh raspberries in them. Shhhhhh!
- 1 stick of softened butter or 133 grams
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 to 4 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp or 1 pinch of salt
- 170 grams of fresh raspberries with 1 tbsp of flour folded in
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F or 180 C.
- Add the butter and sugar to a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until well combined and creamy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until a dough forms.
- Add the berries to the cookie dough mixture. Using a spatula, gently fold them in.
- Scoop a large scoop of mixture in the palm of you hand and roll it into a ball.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven and bake them for about 19 or 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set them aside on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious raspberry cookies.
I just fresh raspberries, but you can use the frozen ones too if you like. Just make sure you thaw them and pat them dry. The great thing about this recipe is you are not limited to raspberries as you can use blueberries or any other kind of berry. You already have the cookie base, so the sky is the limit.[br][br]As always, give them a try and let us know what you think.