Roasted chicken with Stuffing is popular and relatively healthy. When properly prepared, it is tender, juicy, and utterly delicious. When it is roasted with homemade stuffing, the taste is out of this world. This similar to lechon manok in the Philippines except for the stuffing. This dish is affordable and easy to prepare. It is perfect for any gathering or festive occasion. It is an all time favorite for Sunday meals with the entire family. I don’t think there is anybody who has grown up without having the experience of a Sunday roasted chicken. Serve this up with some gravy and your favorite choice of vegetable and dipping sauce. Roasted chicken is a meal everybody will love.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 whole dressed chicken, cleaned
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp thyme powder
- 1 fresh egg
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 3 tbsp butter for sauteing
- salt and pepper
- unsalted butter for chicken rub
- Servings: 4
- Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Melt butter in pan. Saute onion until fragrant.
- Place in breadcrumbs. Season with sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir for a few minutes over medium low heat until combined.
- Crack an egg and pour the milk over. Stir for a few minutes over medium low heat until egg cooked. Do not over cook stuffing.
- Spoon stuffing into the chicken cavity. Sew the cavity with cooking string. Place chicken into preferred baking pan.
- Brush with butter all over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for at least 40-45 minutes on each sides or desired donness.
- Remove chicken from oven and carve. Serve with gravy or any favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!