Seared salmon with sauteed green beans is one of many variations of seared salmon recipes. It is a delicious, elegant, and healthy dinner that everybody will love. The beauty of this seared salmon dish, is it can be paired with any type of vegetables such as arugula, spinach, beans, capers, tomatoes, you name it. Whatever the combination, the outcome is always perfect.
Searing salmon is almost like searing steak. You can cook it medium rare, rare, or well done. It may sound tricky to do, but the truth is it is relatively easy. It is just like frying normal fish, but you should avoid overcooking it. Unlike other fish, salmon is ideal to serve fresh in dishes such as sushi and sashimi food.
To make seared salmon, set your timer and fry it for 3 -4 minutes on each side. This depends on how thick your salmon is. We use wild Alaskan salmon. It is about 3/4 of an inch thick which is perfect cooked for 3 minutes on each side. This will give you a medium rare salmon steak. Another tip is to not flipping the salmon more than once. Allow it to cook over medium heat. If you accidentally overcooked it, don’t worry, the taste fine. Squeeze some lemon squeeze over the top before serving. This makes it superb. Don’t forget this, as we highly recommend it. Make this dish today and enjoy.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillet with skin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 1/2 bundle green beans
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- olive oil
- Servings: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Make sure salmon is at room temperature. Place them in flat surface. Season both side with salt and pepper.
- Add oil in a preheated nonstick skillet. Place salmon skin side down and allow to cook over medium high heat for at least 3-4 minutes on each side or until the skin is crisp and flesh is medium rare. Important not to flip the salmon more than once. You will notice when the flesh turns half white, its ready to flip.
- To make the vegetables. Add cooking in a preheated pan. Place the green beans. Season with salt, pepper and add the crushed garlic. stir and fry for at least 3-4 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- To serve.
- Transfer sauteed veggies on a platter. Place the seared salmon on top and squeeze a lemon juice.
- Serve with lemon wedges end enjoy!