Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta
Creamy shrimp of mushroom pasta is a delicious combination of delightful flavours. The recipe can be made in about 30 minutes which makes it another one of our fast and easy weekday meals which are great for a busy lifestyle or somebody on the fly.
There are a few changes you can make. To begin with, we use 5 cloves of garlic, but more or less can be used depending on your taste. If you are not a garlic Fan, you can leave it out. We season the dish with salt and pepper but extra spices can be used too. Some heat might be nice.
We use 5 or 6 sliced button mushroom but more or less can be used. You can also add a different type of mushroom.
20 small precooked shrimps are used in the recipe. If you are going to use bigger shrimp or prawns, you will have to cook them a bit longer, however. You want to cook them until they are pink.
We use heavy cream as it creates a nice texture. If you are diet conscious, you can use half and half or whatever cream you like.
Fettuccine is used in the dish but linguine, spaghetti, or your favourite or the pasta of your choice. I like fettuccine because it is lone and flat.video:
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 200 grams of cooked fettuccine
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 20 small shrimp, pre cooked
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Add the butter and olive oil to a preheated pan. Melt the butter down over medium high heat.
- Place the mushrooms and garlic in and fry until the mushrooms are fairly translucent and cooked through.
- Pour in the heavy cream, stir, and bring it to a boil.
- Put the pasta and shrimp in. season it with salt and pepper and stir or toss it until the noodles are well coated.
- Plate, sprinkle the parmesan cheese and parsley over.
- Enjoy your creamy shrimp and mushroom pasta.