Slow cooker soy chicken and pineapple is fast, easy, and delicious. I usually prepare it the night before and leave it marinate in the fridge overnight. The next day, I generally slip the lid on the slow cooker, turn it to low, and allow it to cook for about 4 hours. If you want a little more time, you could let it to cook for 6 or 7 hours onmedium. This is perfect if you have plans for the day.
In many ways, this dish resembles a Filipino or Spanish adobo. This is due to the addition of soy sauce and vinegar which allow the dish to cure. In light of this, it can sit for lengthy periods of time.
When making this, I usually buy chicken parts as it’s easier. You can, however, buy a whole chicken and cut it up yourself. If you want bigger pieces, you can use thighs or breasts. For that matter, to make it healthier, you might want to pick up some boneless, skinless breasts. But I find the parts with the skins left on add additional flavor. You can use a whole pineapple and cut it into chunks. I like the canned pineapple chunks in syrup as it adds some additional flavor, as well.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1000 grams of chicken
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 tbsp of vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 225 grams of sliced pineapple in light syrup
- Servings: 4-5
- Time: 4 hours
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American, Asian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Lay the chicken evenly out in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add in the soy sauce, vinegar, water, pineapple and syrup, garlic, sugar, pepper, and bay leaves. Using tongs or a spoon, gently push the chicken parts down to make sure they are well submerged in the marinate.
- Place a lid over the liner and place it in the fridge. Allow to sit in the fridge over night. If you’re in a hurry, 3 hours will suffice.
- Put the liner in the crock pot, turn it on high and allow it cook for 4 hours.
- Serve your slow cooker soy pineapple chicken over steamed rice. Enjoy!