Spicy seafood is a very easy, colorful, and delicious. It is loaded with different types of seafood such as shrimp, squid, and fish fillets. The dish is very tasty due to the marinating process involved and the sauce soaking right into the seafood. You can add oysters, clams, and other types of seafood if you wish.
We recommend using small squid in this recipe. However, large squid will do. Just slice them into bite size pieces and remove the skin. Any size of shrimp is fine. You can use your favorite fish fillets here such as cod, tilapia, salmon, etc.
The process is quick, but don’t let the seafood and vegetables overcook; otherwise, they will become rubbery and the vegetables will become soggy. You certainly don’t want that. It’s ideal to cook them according to our suggested time so you’ll achieve the maximum sweetness of seafood and crunchiness of the vegetables.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 8 – 10 medium shrimp, deveined with tails
- 300 grams of small squid, cleaned
- 1 large fish fillet, cut into cubes
- 1/2 small carrot, julienne
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch diluted in 1 tbsp water
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 stalks of green onions
For the Marinate:
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- black pepper
- green chilies
- cooking oil
- Servings: 2-3
- Level: Easy
- Time: 2 minutes
- Cuisine: American, Asian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Marinate the seafood in the soy sauce, chiles, oyster sauce, sesame seeds, and black pepper for about 30 minutes.
- Add cooking oil to a preheated pan. Saute the onion and garlic until fragrant. Add in the marinated seafood. Stir and fry for about 3 1/2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in the carrots, green bell peppers, and the green onions. Stir and fry for a minute and a half over medium heat. Add in the diluted corn starch and stir for about 30 seconds until it thickens.
- Turn off the heat and serve your spicy seafood.