Bacon and potato casserole is something I love and it is so easy to make. It is another recipe that your family and friends will love and they will want the recipe for sure. Give it a taste and let us know what you think.
As always, there are a few alterations to the recipe. First off, you can use any brand of potato you like. I use white potatoes, but you can use the brand of your choice. You want about 1 inch chunks.
A good brand of bacon should be used. I use Maple Leaf, but it depends on the country you live in. Just make sure there is not too much fat. Equal fat and meat is important.
I have used cream of mushroom or chicken, but the soup of your choice can be used. Make sure it compliments the dish though.
Garnish with the topping of your choice. I love pepper and onions, but it is entirely up to you. I use garlic powder but fresh garlic can be used.
Ensure it has been baked for about and hour or the potatoes well not be cooked completely.
A combination of cheeses is the best, but you can choose that. I like old cheddar and monterey jack. Make sure to melt it for 5 to 6 minutes.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 6 – 8 strips of bacon, cut into chunks
- 2 large potatoes cut into bit size chunks
- 500 ml can of cream of mushroom soup
- pepper and garlic powder to to taste.
- 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup of old cheddar
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 F pr 177 C.
- Add the potatoes, cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 the bacon to a baking dish. Then, add the rest of the bacon over the top and season with pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Add the cheese and place back in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with green ions and enjoy your potato and chicken casserole.
I will check this out for sure.