Our cordon bleu chicken recipe is rolled up in simple crescent rolls which makes the dish easy and fast. The entire recipe can be made in about 35 minutes which makes it entirely different from other cordon bleu recipes. The chicken is also thinly sliced which makes it cook much faster. Unlike many cordon bleu recipes, herb and garlic cream cheese is added which makes all the difference in the world.
I use the Philadelphia herb and garlic cream cheese because it is my favourite, but you can use the cream cheese of your choice. You might be tempted to leave it out, but I would not do that. It adds a texture and flavour to the cordon bleu recipe that is out of this world. It is just that additional touch that sets it aside.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch Our Video:[/btn]
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 4 strips
- 1 tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 3 tbsp of herb and garlic cream cheese
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp of parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F or 190 C.
- Lay crescent rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I separate them into 4 rectangles.
- Spread some cream cheese down the centre of each rectangle.
- Place the ham over the cream cheese followed by the Swiss cheese.
- Lay the chicken strips over the cheese, diagonally.
- Grab the long end of each rectangle and fold it over and seal it together.
- Bake the rolls in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with your favourite salad and enjoy your cordon bleu chicken rolls.