Chicken pasta casserole is a delicious meal. The great thing is it is so simple and easy to make. Even better, the entire dish consists of 5 ingredients and can be done in about half an hour. This makes it a fantastic midweek meal. Like I always say, your family and friends will love it and come back for seconds, but there will not be any.
I use leftover chicken which makes the dish so handy. If you don’t have any, you can use store bought or any kind you can fine. You can buy the premade and cut strips in just about any grocery store. Thighs work about the best as they have a bit of fat for that additional flavour, but you can use the cut of your choice.
In terms of the marinara sauce, you can simply use store bought. If you are really adventurous, you can make it from scratch. In the near future I will post a recipe for it. I use shell noddles as I like the shape, but other noodles can be used as well.
Try our chicken pasta casserole and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch Video:[/btn]
- 2 cups of uncooked shell pasta
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar (23 oz) of marinara sauce
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of basil leaves, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F or 177 C.
- Place the noodles in salted boiling water and allow them to cook until al dente. This will take about 10 or 12 minutes.
- Spread some olive oil into a baking dish and brush it around.
- Put the noodles in and spread them out.
- Place the chicken in and spread it out. Follow this by the garlic, salt, pepper, the marinara sauce, and give it a gentle mix.
- Spread the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.
- Serve and enjoy your chicken pasta casserole.