Strawberry Oreo dreams are a delicious combination of fresh strawberries, crushed Oreo, and Cool Whip. The stems are cut evenly and the tops sliced in a criss cross pattern.The Cool Whip is folded into the cookies and piped into the pattern. A mini Oreo is then placed onto the top of each cookie. The outcome is a delicious, refreshing, decorative snack or dessert. The great thing is, they can be made in about 15 minutes.
I always buy the cookies and crush them. They can, however, be purchased crushed. I use Cool Whip, but you can use whipping cream or the cream of your choice.
- 12 large fresh strawberries with the stems trimmed flat and the tops cut into a criss cross pattern.
- 1 cup of crushed Oreo cookies
- 2 cups of Cool Whip
- 12 Oreo minnie cookies
- Wash the berries
- Using a paring knife, cut the stems off and make sure the stems are flat so they site right.
- Place them on a plate and set aside.
- Fold the Cool Whip and crushed Oreos together and place in a piping bag with a medium tip.
- I always take a small piece of strawberry and place in the center of the criss cross part to open them up more.
- Pipe the filling in placing a bit more Cool Whip around the top.
- Push the mini Oreos in and serve.
- Enjoy your strawberry Oreo dreams.