Cheese burgers are easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. This homemade burger recipe produces an incredible mouth watering burger. The important ingredients are the breadcrumbs and eggs. These essentially hold or bind the patties together. The other ingredients add the incredible flavor. We add Tabasco sauce for some heat. You can, of course, adjust the amount according to your taste.
When cooking the burgers, remember to flip them only once. Cook them for 3 to 4 minutes on one side, and flip them to the other side and cook for the same amount of time. If you want a burger on the rare side, reduce the cooking time a little. On the other hand, f you want them well done, increase the cooking time.. These are great served up on an outdoor grill, as well.
These cheeseburgers are great for festivals, picnics, or family gatherings. Try them today, and you will love them.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 kilo (1 lb) ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp of bread crumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- 8 – 10 drops Tabasco or chili sauce
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cheese slices
- salt and pepper
Other toppings and condiments:
- 4 Hamburger buns
- Tomatoes, sliced
- onion slices
- pickle relish
- caramalized onions
- Servings: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Cuisine: German, american
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, onion, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Using your hands or a spoon, mix until everything is well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into your hand and shape it into a circular burger patty. The size of the burger is according to your preferences. This recipe will give you four nice size patties. The burgers freeze nicely, so you can wrap them in plastic and put them in the freezer for use in the future.
- Place burger patties in a preheated pan. Fry them for at least 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. One minute before the patties cooked, place cheese on top and allow to fry until slightly melted. If you want the burger patties well done, cook them a minute of two longer. Set them aside on a platter lined with a paper towel. You can also cook them on an outside grill, as well.
- Place the cooked patties on hot, toasted buns and add your favorite condiments and toppings. As with any burger, it’s completely your call as you may want to add other condiments of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy your cheeseburgers!