Snowballs are simple, easy and fun to make. Believe me, they will be a hit with young and old alike. They are great during the holidays, but I serve them up any time of the year. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making these tasty little snowball treats. First, I usually roll a heaping tbsp of the mixture, but you can make the balls as small or large as you wish. Any kind of cocoa will do but the better the quality, the better the flavor, We rolls ours in coconut flakes, but you can use candy sprinkles, crushed nuts, confectioners sugar, etc. I allow them to chill for about an hour before serving them but overnight is fine, as well. They will keep nicely for a few days in a sealed container.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (8 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp of water
- 3 tbsp of cocoa
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 2 cups of instant oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- Add the butter and sugar to a mixing bowl. Using a whisk, cream them together until they are well combined and smooth. You can also use electric mixer as well.
- Add in the oatmeal and cocoa. Using a spatula, mix until everything is well combined. If it’s too dry, add 2 to 3 tbsp of water.
- Scoop up a heaping tbsp of the mixture, place it in the palm of you hand, and roll it into a ball.
- Roll the balls in the coconut flakes, place them on a plate, and put them in the fridge to chill for about an hour.
- Serve and enjoy your snowballs,