Green Bean Casserole
Our green bean casserole is a delightful combination of trimmed green beans, bacon, garlic, cream, cream of mushroom soup, and pepper. It makes a wonderful side dish especially for the Holidays. It is also fairly healthy. My family and friends just love it.
We use bacon in our recipe, but you can also use ham or leave it out completely. I use the canned cream of mushroom soup, but you can make it from scratch if you wish. It’s just a little more work. Some people add cheese to the recipe, that can be done too. Be sure you add salt to the water as you boil the beans, as it makes the bean nice and green.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- Green beans cut cut into bite size bits
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- ½ a cup of half and half or milk
- 6 strips of bacon , chopped
- Heat you oven to 400 degrees F.
- Boil some water with some salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in the green beans and allow them to boil for 5 minutes. Set them aside in the casserole dish.
- In a frying pan, add the bacon and brown it.
- Place the garlic in and saute for a couple of minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in the cream of mushroom soup and half and half.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat it through until everything is well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the green beans.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.