Ground Turkey Burger
Ground turkey burgers are a healthy alternative to hamburgers. They are made with a combination of ground turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, and spices. Actually, there is very little difference in the taste of these burgers compared to regular burgers made with ground beef.There are a couple of tricks to making these burgers. The first trick involves the fact that ground turkey is a lighter meat than ground beef. In light of this, depending on the cut of ground turkey you use, the mixture might feel a little sloppy when you try to form the patty. If this is the case, add a few more bread crumbs. You can also place the mixture in the freezer for a few minutes to make it a little firmer. Following along the lines of the meat being a little lighter, they fry differently. Fry the ground turkey burgers over a medium low heat for three minutes on the first side. Then, flip them over and fry them for an additional 4 minutes on the other side. This will ensure they are fully cooked. They will also be nicely golden browned on the side you are going to present.
Serve the ground turkey burgers up with your favorite toppings and condiments. If you are looking for a new idea for the weekend, give these a try.
- 1.2 pounds ground turkey or chicken
- 1 raw egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4-5 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- vegetable oil for frying
- Servings: 4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, except for the oil. Using your hands, mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Pick up a handful of the mixture and form it into a burger patty. The size and thickness of the patty is entirely up to you.
- Add vegetable oil to a preheated pan. Slide the patties in carefully. Fry them, in batches, over medium low heat, for 3 minutes. Flip them to the other side using a spatula and cook them for an additional 4 minutes. You can test them by using a sharp knife and making a small cut in the middle. If you see any pink, leave them in for another minute or two.
- Put the cooked burger patty over a toasted bun and add your favorite toppings and condiments. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe