Home made Crispy Fried Chicken and Gravy
Home made Crispy Fried Chicken and Gravy is an all time favorite in many cultures. Much of its origins stem from the southern United States. There is nothing better than southern fried chicken, as many folks would assume especially south of the Mason Dixon line. It is a relatively easy recipe but can become complex depending on the ingredients used. It can be served at various occasions and is especially appropriate at larger gatherings. It is more often than not a hit it simpler gatherings as it is certainly not considered an elegant dining recipe. In the Philippines, it is exceedingly common to see fried chicken served with spaghetti at the birthday parties.
- 1 whole dressed chicken cut in serving pieces
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 fresh eggs
- 4 tbsp. fresh milk
- 2 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup chicken sock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- In a mixing bowl combine, flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- In separate bowl combine, eggs and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Dredge chicken into a bowl of flour. Dip chicken into a beaten eggs. Dredge chicken back into the bowl of flour, making sure it’s coated well. Set aside.
- Deep fry chicken in batches in hot cooking oil until turns brown and crispy approximately 10 minutes depending on the size of the chicken. Set aside on a platter with paper towel to absorb the oil.
- To make home made gravy: Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour. Stir well over medium heat until flour fully dissolved. Do not over cooked flour.
- Pour in chicken stock and stir continuously until sauce is smooth and thickens. Turn off heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe