Mais con Yelo
Mais con Yelo means corn on ice. This is a popular refreshment in the Philippines due to being inexpensive and easy to prepare. Any type of milk can be used. It is nevertheless extremely creamy and rich in flavor. The syrup from the corn kernels helps it to thicken and gives it a more natural corn flavor. You can purchase this separately if you wish. Just look for any brand of corn syrup in your local supermarket. However, if you don’t have syrup on hand, the liquid from the canned corn will suffice.
- 1 small can of sweet whole kernel corn
- 2 tbsp sweet corn syrup (optional)
- evaporated milk (or fresh milk) to taste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- crushed ice (amount optional)
- 2 scoops scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp corn flakes (optional)
- Servings: 2
- Time: 20 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(4 / 5)
- Place sugar and corn in a tall glass.
- Fill glass 3/4 full with crushed ice.
- Add whole kernel corn on top and pour in evaporated milk.
- Add 2 tbsp. of syrup (optional) and 2 scoops of ice cream.
- Sprinkle corn flakes on top.
- Mix contents with spoon. Serve.
Share This Recipe