Moist Banana Bread
This classic bread is made with common baking ingredients and ripe bananas. Banana bread is a recipe that is over 75 years old. It has been in kitchens since the early 1930′s. As a result of being a fruit based dessert, it is healthy, delicious and simple to make. It is likewise a great way to use up ripe bananas. There is something about its taste and texture of that is incredibly appealing and addicting. I have fond memories of homemade banana bread accompanied by fresh butter and a cold glass of milk. It is an excellent dessert idea paired with just about any dish. You may also eat is as a snack with tea or coffee.
For additional ingredients and flavoring you may also want to consider the addition of walnuts, raisins, almonds, or macadamia nuts. Some people also add cinnamon or nutmeg for a twist of flavor. It depends on your preferences. As always, feel free to experiment with tastes. No matter what the occasion is, try our banana bread today.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 pcs ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Servings: 5
- Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Amercian
(5 / 5)
- Peel and mash the bananas until soft using fork or potato masher .
- In a mixing bowl, place the butter and add sugar. Mix until creamy and floppy. Stir in beaten eggs, vanilla extract and mashed bananas . Mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Put chopped walnuts, flour mixture into a bowl of banana mixture. Mix until nicely combined but do not over mixed.
- Greased the loaf pan with melted butter or cooking spray on all sides. Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake into preheated oven at 350 Degrees F for about 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool down for 10 minutes. Remove banana bread from loaf pan.
- Slice into serving pieces and serve with butter. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe