Pan Fried Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
Pan Fried Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlicis an incredibly simple and delicious recipe. This is a fast and elegant, way to prepare baby potatoes. The potatoes can be cooked using any type of oil. Personally, I prefer olive oil as it seems to result in a perfect fry and delighful taste. It is important to remember not to over fry the potatoes as they will will become hard and rubbery. As soon as you see them turning gold to just edging on brown, turn off the heat. Serve this dish with your favorite main course and a vegetable side dish or salad. They accompany beef really well. As always, don’t forget your favorite dinner wine.
- 6-8 baby potatoes
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary or dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Wash potatoes thoroughly. Place potatoes in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until partially tender. Drain and set aside in a bowl of cold water for at least 2 minutes to cool down.
- Slice each potatoes in half. Do not peel them. Add olive oil in a preheated pan. Place the potatoes in cut side down. Season them with salt and pepper. Fry them over medium heat for at least 2 minutes or until the cut side starts to brown. Add in more olive oil if the pan starts to dry out.
- Once the potatoes start to turn brown, flip them over and allow them to brown for a few minutes. Add in the chopped rosemary and garlic. Stir continuously over medium-low heat until the garlic starts to brown. Do not burn the garlic or it will become bitter. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the remaining olive oil from the pan over the potatoes. Serve the pan fried potatoes with rosemary and garlic on a platter with your favorite main course.
Share This Recipe