Pan Fried Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
Pan Fried Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlicis an incredibly simple and delicious recipe. This is a fast yet elegant way to prepare baby potatoes. The potatoes can be cooked using any type of oil. Personally, I prefer olive oil as it seems to result in a perfect fry and elegant taste. It is important to remember not to over fry the potatoes as they will will become hard and rubbery. As soon as you see them turning gold to just edging on brown, turn off the heat. Serve this dish with your favorite main course and a vegetable side dish or salad. The accompany beef really well. As always, don’t forget your favorite dinner wine.
- 6-8 baby potatoes
- 1 tsp. chopped rosemary or dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Wash potatoes thoroughly. Place potatoes in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until partially tender. Drain and set aside in a bowl of cold water for at least 2 minutes to cool down.
- Slice each potatoes in half. Do not peel. Add olive oil in a preheated pan. Place potatoes in cut side down. Season with salt and pepper. Fry over medium heat for at least 2 minutes or until the cut side starts to brown. Add more olive oil if the pan starts to dry out.
- Once potatoes start to brown, flip over and allow to brown for few minutes. Add in chopped rosemary and garlic. Stir continuously over medium-low heat until garlic starts to brown. Do not over brown the garlic; otherwise, it will become bitter. Turn off heat.
- Serve on a platter with favorite main course. Pour the remaining left over olive oil from the pan over the potatoes.
Share This Recipe