Pasta salad is another simple and delicious recipe. I always make this during the summer for barbecues, picnics, or parties. It goes really nicely with burgers. It is usually a huge hit.
Again, I just want to mention a few extra details. Fusilli pasta works best in this recipe. You could use other types of pasta such as penne, however. As mentioned in other recipes, I use Kraft real mayonnaise, but you can substitute your favorite mayo. Just about any kind of cooked ham can be used. If it’s a little on the salty side, I would avoid adding table salt to the salad. Any color bell pepper can be used. I like red peppers as they are sweeter. You can either roast them in a pan or in the oven. You just want them a little on the brown side.
- 250 grams of Fusilli cooked pasta drained
- 3 unpeeled boiled potatoes cubed
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 tbsp roasted bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 6
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Rinse it, and set it aside.
- Boil the unpeeled potatoes until they are tender. This should take about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Allow them to cool, and cube them into bit size pieces.
- Add the pasta, ham, potatoes, onions, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, roasted bell peppers, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl. Gently mix, ensuring you don’t crush the potatoes, until everything is well combined.
- Allow it to chill in the fridge or serve it right away. Enjoy your pasta salad.