Baked spaghetti is an easy and delicious pasta dish. It is one of everybody’s all time favorites. The dish is loaded with cheeses and baked in the oven. Everybody loves spaghetti, but this recipe has a little twist to it. The dish just needs a few basic ingredients and no skills are required. It is flexible, as well. You can make it using fresh pasta or use different types of noodles such as penne or elbow macaroni. I love using a meaty pasta sauce, but you can use your favorite pasta sauce.
The cheeses are optional, as well. We use two types of cheese in this recipe – mozzarella and cheddar. If you want only cheddar, go ahead and use it. Adding Parmesan cheese is also a nice touch. Usually when we have spaghetti, we match it with homemade garlic bread! We have a homemade garlic bread recipe which is fresh, easy, and tasty. You will love it. For the finishing touches, add a little bit more grated cheese over the top. There you have it, baked spaghetti. If you are going to have a special gathering, party, or even a potluck, try this recipe. We’re sure everybody will have a happy and fulfilled tummy!
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 26 oz can of pasta sauce
- 300 g pasta
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 cups grated cheese (mozzarella, cheddar)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Servings: 4
- Time: 1 hour
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Add a little bit cooking oil in a preheated pan. Place the ground beef in and break into pieces. Fry it over medium high heat until it’s light brown. Drain off the excess oil.
- Add in onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute together until onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Pour in your favorite pasta sauce and water. Stir until combined. Cover and allow it to simmer over low heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Ten minutes before the sauce is finished, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain it well.
- After 20 minutes, adjust the seasoning of the pasta sauce according to your taste. Turn off the heat and toss in the pasta until it’s coated and well incorporated.
- Transfer it into your preferred casserole dish. Grate the cheeses over the top. You can add more cheeses of your choice and as much as you want.
- Place it on the preheated oven set at 350 degrees F for at least 25 -30 minutes until the cheeses are nicely melted and everything is heated through.
- Serve with garlic bread and sprinkle more cheese on top before serving. Enjoy!